Friday 23 May 2008

Idea 2

I've found a dancer now (one of my friends in the end) for my main idea, I just wish I did earlier becuase she really wants to work on this collaboration. Shes a dance teacher at the Laban Contemporary Dance school. She's interested in combining contemporary dance with parkour (this is where I know her from).

She said something that I found interesting; she doesn't enjoy videos of dance becuase she keeps expecting the dancers to stop dancing and speak as in normal films. I would really like to experiment with using some sort of dialogue in the peice - whether that be words from a poem or just the dancer talking to me. I've got to avoid it seeming too casual though - I dont want to just show two freinds out somewhere having a chat whilst one of them is dancing!

Thinking about the parkour influences we want to include, I was thinking about suitable locations we could film. I can organise t film in one of my friends barns (yes, one of my freinds has a barn!) with electricity in it so I can control the lighting. I'm also gong to have a look along the Thames at the industrial areas and docks for anywhere around there. I want a very cold, industrial look to contrast with the movemets the dancer will be making. Also, there will be oppurtunities for some parkour-ness to go on if it has interesting surroundings.

No comments: