Monday 12 May 2008

hmmmmm, re-thinking

After meeting and talking to a few dancers and being let down by a few dancers, I'm considering other possibilities for my film. I don't nessarcarily need to use a professional dancer, the movements can be fairly simple and still be classified as "dance". I'm going to focus more on creating impact through the filming techniques I use, and less on the actual movement. I could include different componants (as in Pull by Bruce Mclean, David Proud, Ashley Page, Jane Thorburn and Mark Lucas).

"What the Body Does Not Remember became a very physical performance. It won a Bessie Award in New York and suddenly everybody called it 'dance', while actually the piece was not created by professional dancers, we were not working with the 'contemporary' dance language from that time. The result was a movement language created by the performers and myself. Over all these years, and with the different crews I have worked with, we have kept on developing this language." - Wim Vandekeybus

These are some photos I found on a flyer I had for the Rambert Dance Compnay's perfrmance of World View. I really like them, I'm not entirely sure how they are done.

No comments: