Monday 15 October 2007

Poster design for John Maclean

I was quite excited when I found out who was doing the lecture on wednesday becuase i really like The Beta Band, so I was definately going to have a go at the poster. I'm pleased with the outcome but I'm not sure if people will like it. I've been working at it for hours without being able to go and have a break and come back to it with fresh eyes. The drawing is of a robot that can solve rubik's cubes. Becuase wasn't entirely sure what John Maclean would be talking about, I looked into what The Aliens character and style was and thier past album covers, artwork etc. I thought John Maclean probably liked robots and what better robot to use than a rubik's cube solving one. For the type, I printed it out on newsprint paper (the font was "OCR A Extended") really small. My printers abit crap so I got the strange line effect which I liked. I then scanned it in and made it much bigger which exaggerated the imperfections.

No comments: