Thursday 25 October 2007

Map update, mupdate

Eventually, I would like to combine the written notation aspect of it with actuall movement. Most of my ideas are pointing towards making a video but I'm still exploring representing it all in 2D. These are some bits from my book with some of the ideas













My favourite idea so far is fairly ambitious but I think I can do it. I wanted to film someone making a cup of coffee or something but the movements gradually getting more and more dance like until the movements they are doing are just for dancing sake, no function. Down the side of the screen, I want there to be the notation moving up as the dance progresses. Make the notation look like its been put there after I have filmed it. At the end, the person comes over to the notation and writes in the final movements of them writing in the final movements. I was inspired by an advert I saw. I think its by Fallon but im not sure, it just looks like thier sort of thing.

I really like the way it is filmed- letting the story just unfold in front of you.

Another idea, is to somehow encorporate the notation into the actuall dancing. I saw this advert ages ago and really liked it.


I was thinking about doing a similar sort of thing but with the notation - taking it out of its formal structure - and placing the symbols on the floor or in the air.

No comments: